Friday, September 13, 2013

Unbelievable! DNC Now Raising money off of the lousy effort by Democrats to fight Colorado Recall.

Just got this in my inbox:

Steve--

Yesterday, I tweeted about how people had a hard time voting in the Colorado recall election, and wow did the Republicans blow up my Twitter feed. They think that Democrats are angry because "dead people and illegal aliens" weren't allowed to vote.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed. Voting is a basic American right -- maybe the basic American right -- and right-wing special interests like the NRA and the Koch brothers poured a lot of time, effort, and money into this race as court battles made it harder for (very much alive) Coloradans to cast a ballot in this week's election. We know that when voting is made harder, Democratic turnout is driven down.

We're not going to let this stand. That's why we've launched the new National Voter Registration Project to ensure that what happened in Colorado doesn't happen again, and why I want you to be a part of it. Add your name today.

The Colorado recall was defined by blatant attacks on our democratic principles. Colorado voting laws allow mail-in ballots to be automatically sent to voters, and in the election last November, 74 percent of Coloradans used mail-in ballots. For the recall, due to obstruction, voters weren't allowed to vote by mail and didn't even know where to vote in person until two weeks before the election.

These efforts were able to depress voter turnout. Now they're saying that what happened in this election is a preview of what's to come in 2014.

I don't know about you, but I'm taking them at their word.

Add your name today, and together, let's stand up for the right to vote:

http://my.democrats.org/Right-To-Vote

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Chair
Democratic National Committee

SOMETIMES I THINK  IN ORDER TO DEFEAT THE CRAZY  WE HAVE TO  BYPASS THE LAZY.


No comments:

Post a Comment