Thursday, September 5, 2013

Welcome to the Bleeding Blue Blog

Welcome to my Blog.

I have been contemplating this for over a year.  I have been posting on Facebook for a number of years and believe it has in some respects become a bit of an Online Ghetto.

 My agenda is simple:  I support a Democratic Renaissance in Georgia.  Period/

I am highly partisan, but not ideological.  That is to say I am not likely to choose sides in our regular skirmishes between progressives and “less" progressives.  I am too pragmatic to let that overshadow our ability to win wherever we can.  

I will be commenting regularly about four issues very dear to me.
  • Party Reform
  • Party Unity
  • Winning elections
  • Voter Suppression 
Our ability to win election rises and falls on these issues.

I will never shrink for challenging authority when I think they are making mistakes, but I am also keenly aware that existing solely to “curmudge” has limited viability.  

I have an institutional bearing I want my Party to be successful and will speak my mind when I think we get off track.  Our party has suffered because of rivalries and jealousies and internecine warfare which had at its goal personal destruction.   I have a low threshold for tolerating folks who lack the courage to post with their name on what they write or choose to traffic in innuendo and hackery while hiding behind pseudonyms.  I will not suffer cowards.

Everything I say will have my name on it. And I will always be respectful of others. If I am critical of a party leader or an elected official  I am going to make sure I have  my facts  straight and  my opinions  well reasoned and fair.

I have a predisposition to those have the ability to think in three dimensions rather than just one. So I will be adding a Blog Roll and inviting guest bloggers and giving a select few the ability to offer original material.  At the same time, this space is  going to be  a place  where all Georgia Democrats will feel  welcome and not despised for having a contrary view  to my own  or those  who blog along side.


If I fall away from these principles I want to be called on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment